Sunday, March 4, 2012

Young Artist's Paintings!



Henri Matisse Study!!!!
by Debi, Sue & Friends


Saturday 03/03/12 we had another Debi, Sue & Friends gathering.  Our theme was centered around paintings by Henri Matisse with a little French, a little mustache,  a lot colorful palette and canvas!!
The stage was set with fabulous easels, tams and mustaches made by our one and only Sue Marbach!!!  Some of the easels were made from old crib wood.  So ingenious!

Sue is ready to paint!


Studio set up.


Student set up.

Here are some photos of the Artists at work!






The finished products!!!!



Katie


Carol


James


Latrice


Laura


Victoria


Ricky


Kristen


Marie
  
After the paintings it was lunch time!!!!!

But first the table setting!











I used a wooden palette to trace the place mat pattern.  I stacked 6 sheets of paper and used a utility knife to cut them.  On the Silhouette website you can purchase paint splats and cut them in your Cameo machine.  That is what I did for the paint splats!  I also found the mustache template and cut those for the straws.  I attached the mustache to the straw with a glue dot.  I found photos of Matisse paintings online and printed them to stand on the small table top easels that I found at ACMoore.  

Now for the food!
We went French and had French Baguettes, lunch meats, cheese, fruit and French Fries.

 Marie made the paint palette sugar cookies!!!!
Awesome job Marie!



Here I am with the mustache straw!


A great huge THANK YOU to Rick, Susan and Marie for all their participation and hard work to make this such a wonderful event!!!
Debi & Sue



1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This is awesome! I don't see how you have time for all this stuff! This looks like it was a fun class! Can't wait to redeem my paint your pet canvas certificate!!

    ReplyDelete