Tuesday, April 14, 2015

St. Patrick's Day & Spring Decor

St. Patrick's Day & Spring Decor


It all started because I was having a Stella & Dot Trunk Show for my daughter, April.
Events at the house always make me want to decorate and put my best foot forward!!  
Hope you enjoy!!


 One of the horse heads welcoming you to the Trunk Show

  

 Love these rod iron picks!  Leading our quests to the front mudd hall door.


This time they're adorned with pears, cedar tree clippings, 
green and white ribbons and some twiggy grape vine.


 Front porch bench and mason jar of flowers.



 Just thought the flowers were so beautiful!


 More flowers inside the Mudd Hall Door


 The other end of the bench has a welcoming pillow hugged by a red child's swing!


To the right, is the studio door. 
Since, I was trying to avoid guest going into the messy studio,
I covered the dutch door windows with left over cutouts from my 
Silhouette machine. I backed them with a solid cream color paper.


 A little green in the powder room.


 Pantry door, no message today!  Maybe later!


 On the back porch.


Love old watering cans

 Heading into the kitchen/ family room you'll see these two.


The spread!


The appetizers! Lots of green!


On the island display I place this green child's folding chair.  It was green so.....
it worked for me!


Some close ups.


Arial view.


Desserts buffet


My dear friend Martha painted this for me and I just love it.



  

A  In the dining room I put paper place mats that allow you to customize them to your occasion and add your guests names.  

 


 The center piece is actually a round flexible spring wreath that I was able to bend to fit in the aged wooden trough box. In the center of the box is my large glass candle holder with a large cake candle. The candle has been burnt down some and since I didn't want to agitate anyone with the candle odor, I placed three battery operated tea lights down in the candle.  Worked pretty good, I thought!


This little stick tree stays out all year long.  Decorations are changed seasonally or whenever I get the mood. This is one choice for my spring time theme.


On the fireplace mantle are various eggs resting in the wire egg holder and some in the pewter cup.  Also, a vintage scale embellished with running cedar. 


The paper garland on fireplace mantle was made with my Cameo cutting machine,  a Stampin Up circle punch and my sewing machine. This was my first time sewing on paper like this and it was easy and fun!


Party Favors made with my Cameo and Stampin Up papers!

Thanks for looking at my creations!  
Want to make something?  
Check out my website, www.deborahgaylestudio.com 
 Under Creative Classes, click request on the right.  
Design Services, has many ideas, also.  
If you see something you would like to make send me an email, debi@deborahgaylestudio.com or call 540-429-1942 

and we can set up a class!














No comments:

Post a Comment