Saturday, December 20, 2014

Rusty Pocket Ornaments



Rust Pocket Ornaments


In 2013, my friend Martha gave me 16 rusty metal pockets!
I made an art journal page with my idea.
Following is what I did with them.


Each pocket is approximately, 1 3/4" tall x 2" wide and 3 3/4" to the top of the handle.


I chose sheet music strips to decorate the pockets.
  Mod Podge, with a matte finish, was used to adhere the strips of paper to the pocket


I painted the Mod Podge on the pocket and on the back of the paper, then laid the paper strip on the pocket and covered the entire pocket with a light coat of the Mod Podge.  




1 year later!!


I dug out all my trimmings.  There were sisal trees and wreaths, feathers from our birds, greenery, berries, ribbons, linen thread, jute and much more.


I used a low temp glue gun to secure the items in each pocket.






That was 15 of them.  The one with the hen feather is missing, but you can see it below.



That was all 16 of them. 


1 of my favorites


Another favorite! Grass from Hilton Head, green string from an old tag.


Our hens feather and a Guinea Hen feather, bow was jute.


Linen thread, from Stampin Up, for the bow.


A handmade bee I picked up on my travels.



Found some little mittens at Primitives by Kathy.




Beach time!  Mini sand dollars, sea oat pieces and dried grasses found on the sand.



Hanging on the tree!


My three favorites!


It looks like the hens, black and white feather has strips and dots.  
But what you are actually seeing are the dots on the Guinea feather showing through the hens feather.  I just thought it was cool looking!!


That's it!

Thanks for looking at my creations!  
Want to make something?  
Check out my website, www.deborahgaylestudio.com 
 Under Creative Classes, click request on the right.  
Design Services, has many ideas.  
If you see something you would like to make send me an email, debi@deborahgaylestudio.com or call 540-429-1942 
and we can set up a class!









No comments:

Post a Comment