Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Lid for an Old Pot

New Lid for an Old Pot


A very dear friend loved her vintage yellow crockery, but it didn't have a lid. 
She allowed me to make one for her.


I used an old aluminum pot lid that fit the pot perfectly.


 First I removed the old handle.  I decided to metal stamp names,
around the edge of the lid, of items she could store in her pot. 


I blackened in the letters with a Sharpie Pen and removed the excess with a Pro Polish Pad  from Beaducation. https://www.beaducation.com/zen_products/109-pro-polish-pad-pack-of-10?product_category=369-other-polishing-supplies


I stamped in words such as PRICELESS TREASURES!


and MY KEEPSAKES!


and YUMMY TREATS, they could be for the cats!


and SPECIAL BLESSINGS! 


Next I created a polymer clay handle. 


I screwed a small screw into the clay, then unscrewed it out.
I made an impression in the clay where the nut would go and pulled it back out.
Then I baked the clay.


 When the clay figure was cooled I painted the cat to look like my friend's cats. 
I think they are of the Cornish Rex breed.
My friend says they look like her cats, but maybe she was just being nice!!  I tried!
I chose a cat, because my friend has 3 cats that she adores!


When screwing the cat knob on the lid, I added a washer on the inside of the lid. 


Thanks for looking at my creations!  
Want to make something?  
Check out my website, www.deborahgaylestudio.com 
 Under Creative Classes, click request on the right.  
Design Services, has many ideas.  
If you see something you would like to make send me an email, debi@deborahgaylestudio.com or call 540-429-1942 
and we can set up a class!








No comments:

Post a Comment